Calderdale Music (CM) will promote its activity through recorded media taken from its events, performances and live streams. This material will contain images of children that have participated in CM events.
The interests and the welfare of children taking part in CM activities is paramount, therefore CM has put in place various safeguarding procedures. These safeguards will help to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to protect children and young people from the inappropriate use of their images in resources, media publications, on the internet and elsewhere.
CM will seek permission from parents/guardians of children via designated responsible adult group leaders (e.g. class teacher) to televise, record or photograph the performance(s) of all children performing with a group by the use of any medium during Calderdale Music events.
If permission is gained, CM may use the recorded media for the following purposes:
- broadcasting any such recording or selling, hiring or otherwise making those sounds and images available in any audio, video or audio-visual form to the public without restriction
- making photographs available to the public without restriction
- using these sounds and images for publicity of the work of CM, including in collaboration with sponsors and funders anywhere in the world and retaining copies of the recordings and photographs in CM archives for use in future publicity for an unspecified time
Permission will be sought via a Recorded Media Consent Form.
Calderdale Music will:
- Never supply the full name (first name and family name) of the child or children along with the image/recording
- Only use images of children in suitable dress
- Only capture images/video on designated CM devices (e.g. Music Leader iPads), never on personal devices.
- Inform CM staff/volunteers that they will not take photos or make recordings at events for their own personal use which contain images of children.
Photographs at events taken by CM staff and volunteers may be used for official use, where deemed suitable, so long as they meet the conditions already set out above.
Official photographers or film crews engaged by CM will be required to sign a contract to ensure the images are not misused and that no one else can gain access to the original copies. Depending on the role required of them by CM they may be required to have a DBS check. CM would never engage a photographer or film crew to work unsupervised away from the event location with children. CM will always inform groups when an official photographer or film crew has been engaged at an event.
Specific examples of previous usage of images and recordings by CM include the CM website, social media sites (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), press coverage – newspaper, radio and television, CM printed literature, Sponsor printed literature and online usage.
Recorded Media Consent
I hereby consent to Calderdale Music (CM), or anyone authorised by Calderdale Music:
- televising, recording or photographing the performance(s) of all members of the above group by the use of any medium during the CM event.
Having captured these images, I confirm that CM is authorised to make arrangements for:
- broadcasting any such recording or selling, hiring or otherwise making those sounds and images available in any audio, video or audio-visual form to the public without restriction;
- making photographs available to the public without restriction;
- using these sounds and images for publicity of the work of CM anywhere in the world and retaining copies of the recordings and photographs in CM archives for use in future publicity for an unspecified time.
In signing this consent, I declare that I have the permission of all parents/guardians/ carers to sign on their behalf in respect of the terms noted above. For children aged 16 and above I also have their written consent.